Saturday 8 February 2014

BY K

I got these beauties from “BY-K.”  and they are wonderful! The pink and orange is really easy to apply and the small brush makes it even easier to keep everything on the nail and not everywhere else. That is really something I like in my polish! I have three pictures down below, to show you my process. I don’t know why I started doing this, but please comment and let me know what you think of the “evolution of opaqueness”. Yes.. I’m going to call it that from now on!  
I started with the orange called: Hello Hallow #65 and an accent nail of the glitterbomb Matilde vs Las Vegas #66.

Hello Hallow is a bright orange in the bottle, but once it’s on the nails it is not quite as bright. That is a plus for me. I’m not that much into neon colors. It is a really pretty orange, and I’m actually not that into orange either. This polish really changed my mind about this! I like it! 

1)      One coat 
2)      Two coats - look how the green glitter shines up on my middle finger! 
3)      Two coats + topcoat of Hello Hallow and three coats of Matilde vs Las Vegas + topcoat.
To get the third coat of glitter to be totally opaque I fished a bit after the glitter and dapped the brush onto the naked parts of the nail, dipped and dapped a couple of times for that last coat.

The glitterbomb is like tiny confetti in a tiny bottle. It has bits of blue, pink, red, gold, silver and green. The formula is a bit thin – so it’s a bit difficult to get a hold of the glitter, but I’m not too familiar with glitter polishes of this kind, but I’m definitely going to get some more.


Then I tried the pink polish called Pink Dahlia #60 and reused the glitter accent nail. It is a great deep crème pink. Kind of matte yet shiny. 

1)      One coat – this polish could easily have been a one-coater. But you know. Two just to be sure..

2)      Two coats + topcoat 

3)      Two coats + topcoat + Matilde vs Las Vegas + topcoat. This look I call “there’s  party on my fingers!” 
There is just no way I can capture the disco i got going on with my camera.. this does not do the glitter justice! 

A great thing about these polishes is: They dry SUPER FAST! It’s so nice to have a beautiful color that dries super fast, so you can go on and make some beautiful nail art with it. I haven’t tried to do actually nailart with the polish yet, but I applied top coat pretty fast and then the glitter on top of that, no problems at all! This mani lasted for two days with no chips what so ever! And on the third day it had some minimal wear’n’tear but it was time to change my mani anyways.

Brand: ***** Colors:**** Formula: ***** 

A big thanks to Karina from BY K for sending me these! 

A Special something:

Do you love these colors? I know i do! COPY/PASTE this link to get some awesome deals on this lovely brand! 



No comments:

Post a Comment